2021 progress includes achieving carbon neutrality; Make a six-figure, multi-year donation to foster diversity; Support its workforce through a remote-first approach; and invest in innovation for social good
CHARLESTON, SC, May 17, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Black Baud (NASDAQ: BLKB), the global leader in cloud-based software for social good, today released its 2021 Social Responsibility Report, detailing how the company is growing and strengthening the entire social good community, empowering its employees, protecting the environment and developing responsible business practices.
“2021 has been a year of perseverance and embracing a ‘new normal,’ despite the lingering uncertainty of a global pandemic,” said Mike Gianoni, President and Chief Executive Officer, Blackbaud. “Organizations and individuals didn’t just accept the status quo, they re-imagined what was possible in a now hybrid world. And Blackbaud was there with them, enabling impact through our technology, our expertise, our partnership and our people. We are proud to share our achievements and priorities, and how we are making a powerful impact to help good take over.”
Blackbaud’s priorities and 2021 progress are categorized by several key commitments:
Commitment to the social good community
Nearly 150,000 organizations around the world receive funding through a Blackbaud solution, and Blackbaud makes it a priority to support this community of nonprofits, K-12 schools, universities, businesses , health institutions, foundations, arts and cultural organizations, religious organizations and individuals. change agents.
Highlights of Blackbaud’s investment in 2021 include:
- Provide free resources and engage in cross-sector initiatives to help strengthen the broader social good community, such as providing cutting-edge philanthropic research from the Blackbaud Institute, supporting the Giving Institute and Giving UNITED STATES and recruit early-stage startups through the Blackbaud Social Good Startup Program
- Donate to support COVID-19 relief and disaster recovery, and announce a new six-figure, multi-year donation to Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Lowcountry to build equity, social capital and a workforce stronger and more diverse work
- Over 70% of Blackbaud employees volunteer in 2021 and 20% serve on non-profit boards
- Expand the Blackbaud partner network by 43%, giving customers easier access to leading technology and service companies, all focused on helping them make a bigger difference
- Accompany customers with training and information, which has led to a 95% customer service satisfaction rate
Commitment to people, culture and diversity, equity and inclusion
Blackbaud believes that success comes from prioritizing the personal and professional well-being and development of employees, and that it can only be achieved by embracing diverse perspectives and experiences. Blackbaud’s distance-first strategy provides opportunities for everyone, regardless of location.
Highlights of Blackbaud’s progress in the workplace in 2021 include:
- Attract top talent: 55% of all new hires in 2021 were from historically underrepresented groups, and 91% of employees said that Blackbaud operates in a socially responsible way is important to them
- Investing in employee development: 40% of employees experienced career progression in 2021, 99% of employees completed Blackbaud Way interaction training and 85% of people managers completed engagement labs and inclusive culture training
- Ensure employee well-being through a global well-being program, bi-monthly training sessions and encourage participation in employee affinity groups to build community and belonging in the virtual setting
Commitment to the climate
As part of its responsibility to act in the fight against climate change, Blackbaud is committed to proactively protecting the environment. Blackbaud has set itself the goal of achieving this goal through responsible operations, decarbonization, philanthropic partnerships and employee engagement. Since 2019, Blackbaud has reduced its global real estate footprint by 50%, reduced emissions needed to run its offices by 63% and reduced emissions related to employee travel by 75%.
Highlights of Blackbaud’s climate progress include:
- Transition to a remote workforce approach, which has accelerated the company’s ability to minimize the environmental impact of its operations
- Achieve carbon neutrality across its business operations and data centers by reducing emissions and investing in renewable energy credits and carbon offset projects
- Passionate members of Blackbaud’s Employee Sustainability Affinity Group educate and engage colleagues in environmental efforts and volunteer events
Commitment to Privacy and Data Protection
Blackbaud continues to make significant investments in its cybersecurity program to give customers confidence that their technology and data are secure. This is further reinforced by integrating privacy and data protection education into the customer onboarding and implementation process, and by providing ongoing resources such as webinars, best practices content and individual consultations. Learn more about Blackbaud’s commitment to privacy and data protection here.
ESG progress and indicators
Blackbaud seeks to generate long-term sustainable value for all stakeholders by achieving its overriding purpose of helping good take over and by operating as a socially responsible company. In addition to these core commitments, Blackbaud transparently monitors and reports on its operations through a robust Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) program.
As part of its ESG program, Blackbaud has:
- Joined the United Nations Global Compact and signed its 10 Principles which outline core business responsibilities with respect to human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption
- Developed a structure to guide and provide oversight of ESG initiatives, including CEO sponsorship, board oversight, a cross-functional employee-led steering committee, employee impact teams and groups of affinity
- Tracking impact across the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular SDGs 3, 4 and 16
More detailed information on Blackbaud’s ESG program and 2021 impact metrics can be found here.
Blackbaud feeds the Ecosystem of Good® and actively participates in it. To learn more about how the company is helping to build a better world, view the full 2021 Corporate Social Responsibility Report here and hear from the CEO Mike Gianoni here.
Blackbaud (NASDAQ: BLKB) is the global leader in cloud software for social good. Serving the entire social good community – non-profit organizations, institutions of higher learning, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and culture organizations, foundations, companies and individual change agents – Blackbaud connects and enables organizations to increase their impact through cloud software, services, expertise and data intelligence. The Blackbaud portfolio is tailored to the unique needs of vertical markets, with solutions for fundraising and CRM, marketing, advocacy, peer-to-peer fundraising, corporate social responsibility (CSR) and the environment, governance (ESG), school management, ticketing, grant making, financial management, payment processing and analysis. Serving the industry for over four decades, Blackbaud is a remote company based in Charleston, South Carolinawith operations in United States, Australia, Canada, Costa Rica and the UK. For more information, visit www.blackbaud.com or follow us on TwitterLinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook.
Except for historical information, all statements, expectations and assumptions in this press release are forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties, including statements regarding expected product benefits and product features. some products. Although Blackbaud attempts to be precise in making these forward-looking statements, it is possible that future circumstances will differ from the assumptions on which these statements are based. In addition, other important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially include the following: general economic risks; uncertainty regarding increased business and renewals of existing customers; continued success in sales growth; management of the integration of acquired companies and other risks related to acquisitions; risks associated with the successful implementation of multiple integrated software products; the ability to attract and retain key personnel; risks associated with managing growth; long sales and implementation cycles, especially in large organizations; technological changes that make our products and services less competitive; and other risk factors set forth from time to time in Blackbaud’s filings with the SEC, copies of which are available free of charge on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov or on request from relations with Blackbaud’s investors. All Blackbaud product names appearing herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blackbaud, Inc.
SOURCE Blackbaud, Inc.